Monday, October 15, 2012

All for the kids

October 6, 2012
Tonight we were invited to a Boys & Girls Club charity event with our friends, Raymond & Denise. The theme of the event was "Western Bling".  I was thrilled to get to go on a date with a hot cowboy!  Raymond & Denise picked us up in style in a limousine.  What a way to go to dinner! 

**Please excuse the quality of these pictures.  It was dark...and they're all taken with my phone.**
 
We all placed some bids on the silent auctions (Mike & I didn't win).  Mike bid on a few of the live auction items (again not winning)...but Ray fared a little better on the live auction.  He went together with one of his neighbors to bid on a horse....yes...you heard me right...a horse.  Some of you (non-Texans) may be thinking, "What's the big deal?  Doesn't everyone in Texas have a horse?"  Maybe if you're a rancher...but we live in the burbs.  We don't have yards for horses where we live!  Raymond was really trying to drive up the price of the bid...you know....for the kids....but it ended up that his bid was the high bid and he won a horse!  Let's just say that it became the joke of the night.  Everything from that point forward seemed to end with the punchline of "well at least I didn't buy a horse!"  lol
 
See...I told you my date was a hot cowboy!
 
 

3 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Wow! Don't ya'll look fine! A horse would be kept in a pasture....city girl.

Staci said...

Lol. What I meant is we have yards in the city...and our yards aren't meant for horses. I'm more "countryfied" than most citi dwellers seeing as I lived in the country in the middle of nowhere Kanas for 8 years....and I'm definitely married to a country boy ;)

Mom said...

cute couple!