Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Angels in Brody's Room

The story I'm about to tell may be hard for some of you to believe. I think as we age we become skeptics and don't take events at face value like we did when we were innocent children. The story below came to me in bits and pieces as Brody brought it up at different times.  I didn't want to ask leading questions, so I just waited for him to talk about it.  I'm putting the whole story together for you at once...but it took a while for me to learn all the details of the event below.

The other day Brody told me that he prayed and asked God to send an angel to his room...because he wanted to see an angel. "And you know what Momma?  He did!"  I, naturally, was a little skeptical.  I believe in angels and I believe that God answers prayers....so why was I skeptical?  Well...I guess because I've never seen an angel!  Brody assured me that "it wasn't a dream...it really happened.  They were in my room with me!"

He said that 2 angels appeared in his room and were sitting on his bed with him.  He remembers looking at the clock and it read 10:35 pm.  He described the angels as being "really bright white with rings around their waist".  "Rings?" I asked?  "Yes.  You know how a planet can have rings around it?  It was like that...only not as big as a planet!" he said laughing.  He emphasized over and over about how bright they were, "they were so bright that I had to squint...and I couldn't go to sleep while they were here because it was so bright...that's how I know it wasn't a dream!"

He said he asked them their names and they told him they were Joseph and Adam.  He said one of them laid beside him in bed and the other sat at the end of his bed.  At one point he sat Indian style (or criss-cross-applesauce as they call it nowadays) in front of the angel at the end of his bed (I didn't ask which one was which) and asked him for a hug.  He said the angel wrapped his arms around him and hugged him.

He told me that they left and came back and when they came back his clock said 11:16 pm.  He said that they told him a story when they got back about going to visit a little boy who was scared, but that he was asleep by the time they got there.  They told him that the boy's parents were in the other room watching TV. 

Then Brody told me that he laid there and the angels sang to him.  I asked what it sounded like and he said rather emphatically, "I can't describe that!"  I said, "Did they sound like me or Daddy singing?"  He said, "No...nothing like anything I've ever heard.  I'm sorry...but I can't describe it."  He said that they sang Jesus Loves Me and then they sang him songs that are onThe Village CD (a CD recorded by the worship team from Tyler and Ann's church).  Brody told me that when the angels left they told him goodbye and gave him a hug.

The one thing he keeps talking about over and over is how bright the angels were.  What I find interesting is that he describes the appearance of the angels in a way that I've never heard or seen in pictures.  That tells me he's not describing something he saw in a book or on TV.  At one point I said, "Now Brody, was this a dream or a story that your making up to tell me?  It's a pretty cool story and I just want to make sure you tell me if it's a story and not something that really happened."  Brody has a very honest heart and he looked me in the eyes and said, "I promise.  There were really angels in my room!"  I replied, "Brody...that is so awesome!  Not very many people see angels.  God answered your prayer and let you see something amazing all because you asked!"

With the first mention of the angel visit, Mike and I were skeptical.  The more Brody talked to us about it...the more we came to believe that it was truth.  Whether you believe it or not...it doesn't matter.  What does matter is that a little boy dared to ask God for something amazing.  It was not self-seeking or greedy or prideful.  It was not out of line with the Word of God....and God granted the prayers of this little boy.  What a powerful lesson to learn at such an early age.  Not only does God hear your prayers...He answers them!

Why have I never seen an angel?  Well...maybe it's because I never asked God to show me one.  But if I asked....would I ask in total faith that God would answer?  I can guarantee you Brody did.  He asked God to show him an angel and had no doubt that God would say yes.  I want that kind of faith!  I want the kind of faith that trusts wholeheartedly in God without ever questioning whether He'll follow through and provide.  This is why Jesus told us to have the faith of a child.

6 comments:

Jenny J. said...

I don't know what to say, except WOW! BEAUTIFUL, AND THANK YOU FOR SHARING HIS EXPERIENCE.

Jenny J. said...

I don't know what to say, except WOW! BEAUTIFUL, AND THANK YOU FOR SHARING HIS EXPERIENCE.

Leave It To Davis said...

Every time that Gmommy, Ginger, and I would make a trip, I would ask God to take care of us. I completely believed He would. On a trip back from Austin, we had a tire blow out while we were going 60 mph....I thought it was the air conditioner making a funny noise, so I slowed down to listen...that makes no sense, I know, but that is what my reaction was to the sound. Next thing we knew, the tire blew and we were swerving over to the right. I was able to keep the car on the road and pull to a stop. We got out of the car and were going to walk up the road for help when a semi pulled up.The driver insisted on changing the tire for us, refusing payment, and explaining he had a wife and child and would want someone to help them if they needed help. He told us not to drive over 40( because my spare was one of those donut tires) and told us he would follow us back to town so no one would run into us. We had never seen the logo on his truck before, and I have always said he was an angel sent from God to help us. If I beleive that God sent us an angel to change our tire (and I still do), why wouldn't I believe that God would send angels to talk to Brody? I think he saw exactly what he said he saw.

Mom said...

What a beautiful lesson for all of us!

Amy said...

What a blessed little boy. He will always remember this.

Julie Little said...

This blessed me so much. Thanks Brody!