Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sign of a Promise

Tonight we walked out of Taco Bueno with the boys and were stopped dead in our tracks. In the sky was the MOST BEAUTIFUL rainbow I have EVER seen!  I have never seen a rainbow so full, bright, and complete.  Seriously!  In my 32 years...I have NEVER seen a rainbow this stunning!  It was illuminating the sky!  Everywhere you looked people were stopping and pulling out their phones to take a picture.  I didn't have my real camera with me and was kicking myself for having to take a picture of this amazing display of God's creation on my cell phone camera.  I couldn't get the distance to capture the whole sky...but I found a few people online who were able to capture it!  Here's a picture someone at the Ballpark in Arlington took of the rainbow we saw....
 
And this is from someone a little north of us....
 
Here's the best my iPhone captured the rainbow (UGH!  So wish I had my real camera with me!!)..
 
And this is what the sky looked like in the opposite direction of the rainbow!
 
As soon as we saw the rainbow our boys began talking about Noah and the promise God made to never flood the entire earth again.  Not only did it fill our hearts with joy to hear our boys immediately relate the phenomenon in the sky to God's word...but it filled us with awe.  God knew when he put that first rainbow in the sky... that the rainbow he placed in the sky tonight would remind us of His love.  He knew thousands of years ago that Mike, Staci, Brody, and Barrett would drive around looking at the beautiful rainbow and worship Him...talking about how He is a God who keeps his promises!  What an awesome God we serve!

2 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

You are right....that's the most perfect rainbow I've ever seen,too...and what a sky!!!

Ann Hastings said...

:)