Monday, September 10, 2012

Date Night with Brody

 
When Brody got home from school today he said, "When am I gonna get to have a date night with you?  Can we do it tonight?"  Since I didn't have class tonight and Mike had a softball game I thought...why not!  I asked him what he wanted to do and he said he wanted to go to dinner and then go see a movie.  I was surprised that IHOP was his restaurant of choice...but that's what he wanted so that's where we went.  I didn't realize that kids eat free....and that I could get a HUGE meal for $4.99.  It ended up being a really cheap place to take him for a sit down dinner!  Brody got the chocolate funny face (a chocolate chip pancake with a smiley face made out of whip cream, chocolate chips, and cherries).  For some reason, Brody doesn't ever want syrup on his breakfast foods (pancakes, waffles, french toast).  It's a good food aversion to have ;)  I was shocked when he downed the ENTIRE funny face.  It was as big as his plate and there wasn't anything left!  He even ate some of my food!!
 
After dinner we headed to Cinemark for the 6:10 showing of The Odd Life of Timothy Green.  It was an awesome movie!  I definitely recommend it!  It's family friendly and has a great message.  Of course, I should've taken a few kleenex with me as it was also a tear jerker!
 
I had such a fun time with my boy.  I'm so blessed that God put him in my life!

3 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

I wondered how that movie would be....it seemed a bit on the odd side, but Brady actually said he wanted to go see it. Maybe we will. Glad you have such a wonderful relationship with Brody!!!

Ann Hastings said...

Too cute, so glad y'all enjoyed your date!

Steve said...

Barrett has been looking for an i-Hop on our trip!