Thursday, August 02, 2012

Meeting Michael Kirkman with FOUR boys in tow!

Today my friend, Laura, asked me to watch her 2 boys (Trey & Nate).  Since our boys play together practically all day every day (they live across the street from Daddy Steve & Namaw), it wasn't really a strain on my schedule.  In fact, I had a really fun day in mind for the 4 boys (ages 4, 4, 5, and 9). 

First on the list was the last Texas Rangers appearance of the summer.  Trey and Nate had never met a TX Rangers player in person and were super excited to get their baseball signed by Michael Kirkman (pitcher).  The boys waited patiently in line (we got there an hour before Kirkman arrived).  They spent most of the time playing War!

disclaimer:  Pictures are all taken with my iPhone.  Please excuse the poor quality!  I was preserving memories....and any quality of picture works to preserve a memory ;) 

Kirkman was so nice to the boys.  Barrett walked up to hand him his ball and said, "Why aren't you wearing any pants?!?"  He just laughed and said, "It's HOT outside!  I like wearing shorts when it's this hot unless I'm actually playing baseball...then I'll wear my baseball pants."

Since the boys were so good waiting in line (no fighting or arguing or complaining!), we headed straight to Hawaiian Falls.  We ate our lunch of sandwiches and other goodies and then spent the rest of the 106 degree day staying cool in the lazy river, wave pool, and on water slides!

Since Barrett and Nate are still too short to ride the big rides, I got them a treat (I had a coupon for a free cotton candy) while Brody and Trey went down a few big slides.  I think this helped ease the "this is unfair" attitude of the little boys.

It was a fun day!  I'm sure everyone will sleep great tonight (me included)!

5 comments:

Mom said...

What fun memories you have made this summer!

Ann Hastings said...

Looks like a great day!

Anonymous said...

I don't know you but I love reading your blog. I am a friend of Suzanne Winn. You are such a great mom!! Lise

Dad said...

You are a great Mom! And a fantastic daughter!!! I am so proud of you!

Leave It To Davis said...

Great pictures....camera phones take great pictures, too....if you get the right subject....and you always do!