Tuesday, August 07, 2012

13 AMAZING Years!!!

 
Mike & Staci
honeymoon on South Padre Island -August 1999 (yes...we really were that tan!)

Today marks 13 years since I married my best friend.  In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday....yet at the same time it's hard to remember what life was like without Mike! 
We had only known each other for 2 months when Mike asked me to marry him.  Many of our friends were shocked at how fast our relationship progressed, yet we had no doubts.  We knew that God brought us together...and we knew that we couldn't imagine life without each other!
I could write a book on all that we've experienced together in the last 13 years.....the places we've gone, the people we've met, the trials and joys we've experienced together.  I couldn't have dreamt a better life than what I have experienced with Mike.
God blessed me with an amazing man when he put Mike in my life.  Not only is he a godly husband and father...he is my best friend.  He is the one with whom I can confide my deepest secrets.  He is the one who keeps me grounded.  He is the one that I dream with.  He is the one who protects and provides for me.  He shares his joys and struggles with me and opens his heart to me.  Every single day I am assured that he loves me and cherishes me.  He sets an example for me at work (by being a leader who puts his team before himself) and at home (by sacrificing his time to do things for me and the boys).  He points me back to the Word when I go astray...yet does so in a loving way.  He is a man of character and integrity and I can only pray that our boys will grow up to be men just like their daddy.  I am beyond blessed to be able to say that "My beloved is mine, and I am his".
I look forward to spending every day of the rest of my life with my best friend, my rock, and my lover. 

________________________________

Since this will go in our blog book, I wanted to add the post Mike sent me on FB today:

"Happy 13th Anniversary to the most beautiful woman ever. Such a talented mother, a heart of unfailing Love, the best friend anyone could have, and an amazing wife that enjoys living life to the fullest each and every day!"

5 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

I thank God for brining you and Mike together as well! Love you both and happy anniversary!

GG said...

Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple. I hope you have many years to enjoy this loving relationship.

Steve said...

Happy Anniversary! I am so glad you two found each other!!!

Dad

Mom said...

Someday you will know how happy it makes parents when their child finds someone as wonderful as Mike. Happy anniversary!!!

Leave It To Davis said...

That's the biggest smile I have ever seen on Mike!