Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Christmas Program

Tonight was the boys' Christmas program at school.  Before we left for the school, they both told me that they were going to do their best job and sing really loud because "Miss Stephanie texted the elves and the elves said that if we did our best in our program that Santa Claus would come and see us!"  I honestly thought they were all talk.  I've seen it before.  They tell me they're going to sing really loud...and then they stand there and don't even move a muscle during the program.  Well...I was wrong!  I think the promise of getting to see Santa was enough to motivate them. 

Barrett's class sang Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer and he sang loud enough for us to hear him from our seats!  (He didn't do any hand motions....but he did sing!)

Brody was Dasher in their rendition of The Night Before Christmas...

He also sang (and did the hand motions) in the Pre-K performance of Must Be Santa. (left end of the 2nd row)

Daddy Steve, Namaw, and GG braved the cold to come see the boys' program.

But the man of the hour was Santa.  Brody and Barrett were so excited to see him.  They saw him last week at the local Christmas festival, but they forgot to ask him to say "Ho, ho, ho!"  When they sat in his lap they told him what they want for Christmas (sleeping bags and marshmallow guns) and then asked him if he'd say "Ho, ho, ho!"  Santa wrapped his arms around the boys and then rocked back in his rocking chair as he let out several big "HO, HO, HO!!!"'s.  He has no idea how much that made their night!
 

3 comments:

GG said...

I was so proud of Brody and Barrett.Their program was super and I could hear both boys singing.

Ann Hastings said...

So much fun, next time they have a program, let us know, we'd LOVE to come :)
Barrett's hair is adorable, I love the new "style"...

Leave It To Davis said...

I love Barrett's hair, too!!! I will be glad when McKenna starts school.....just so I can go to a Christmas program. I miss them. Just wait until they are in high school and in choir....and the choir sounds like angels singing....it made we weep every time. I was the only person who was blowing my nose every couple of seconds and had streams of tears running down my face. It's just so beautiful. You are truly blessed.