Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandmommy!

Hope this isn't too much of a picture overload, but I had a hard time narrowing down all the picture we took while we were in Temple on Saturday!

We arrived around 10 am and Brody wanted to give Grandmommy her birthday present right away. He looks as excited about it as she does!

Grandmommy showing off her muscles.

Tyler and Ann met us in Temple for the day.

The boys had fun playing with them!

Ginger and McKenna arrived in time for lunch. For a while, McKenna followed Barrett around trying to plant a kiss on him. She succeeded a few times!

Gasp!!! Barrett actually let Grandmommy hold him! Don't worry...it was only for a minute before he started crying about it. I wish he'd go to other people as easily as Brody did when he was a baby.

McKenna and Brody playing with Brody's train tracks.

Sharon and Sheila made some delicious chicken for lunch and Namaw brought all the fixin's. While I wasn't paying attention, Barrett snagged a chicken leg off of my plate. He started trying to eat it and was saying, "Mmmmmmm!" the whole time!

After nap time (for the kids), they guys headed outside to mow. This meant the boys wanted to go outside too. Both boys loved the fact that a few sprinklers needed to be tested.

Brody also loved that Tyler was willing to throw him in the air over and over and over again. I love how he was looking at me to make sure I got a picture of him being thrown in the air.

After Sharon, Sheila, Cindy, Dave, Ginger, Brady, and McKenna went home, Grandmommy, Ann, Namaw and I went outside to watch the guys play. Grandmommy, Ann, and I shared the porch rocker.

Don't worry. Barrett was throw up in the air too, but Tyler didn't throw him quite as high.

As the sun was setting, Daddy Steve taught Brody how to climb the porch supports. He said he used to climb it when he was a little boy.
We headed home around 8 pm. Our visits in Temple are always too short, but it's nice to be close enough to make a day trip. We have a picture collage with Grandmommy, but I'm gonna let Daddy Steve finish working on it before I post it.

5 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

We had a great time visiting with everyone and celebrating Grandmommy's birthday!

Steve and Joan said...

I better get to work tonight on that collage!

Leave It To Davis said...

What great pics! Grandmommy's house looks so pretty in those pictures! We loved the chicken and the company.....so glad you all live close enough to come to celebrate all the important times in our lives....we love you all so much!

Gmommy said...

Thank all of you for making my birthday so special!!! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving family and I thank God for all of you. Wish Jesse and Bryan could have been here, too. It was a great birthday!!! It was so much fun to watch the little ones play together. Love that picture of McKenna giving Barrett a kiss. So sweet!

Ginger said...

McKenna and I had a wonderful time as always. Barrett better learn to run before McKenna's little sister gets here or he'll be covered in kisses. :)