Thursday, July 16, 2009

GG's Birthday

Today we had lunch with GG for her 86th birthday. This morning I told Brody where we were going for lunch and asked him to help me make a card for GG. He asked what her present was. I told him that we were just taking a card, but he insisted that "she needs a present to open on her birthday"! When I asked him what we should get her he told me she needed a necklace. So we stopped by the store on the way and Brody picked out a necklace for her. Brody was so excited to give to her/open for her the gift.

After she opened it, she told us that this is the first birthday present she's received since she was SEVEN years old! What?!? That's almost 80 years!!! We usually just have family lunches for the adult birthdays in our family, so I don't remember her opening presents on her birthday...but it's just hard to believe! GG - When you have time, write me a story about your 7th birthday that I can post on here. It must have been a very memorable birthday!

One of the things Brody loves about eating at GG's is the chocolate milk. Today Barrett tried it for the first time. He loved it too!


After the kids were finished eating, they decided it would be fun to play under the table while we talked. Here's Brody surprising Sissie!

When our tummies were full, we headed back to GG's apartment to play. Brody tried to convince all of us that he should try to fly (he doesn't believe me that he CAN'T fly...I need to keep an eye on him!) while Barrett and GG played ball on the floor.

As we were leaving, GG gave Brody and Barrett pennies to throw into the fountain.
I hope GG enjoyed our visit as much as we did! Happy Birthday GG!

3 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

I am so glad y'all were able to have lunch with GG for her birhtday!

GG said...

Enjoyed your visit. Hope whoever sees these pictures did not notice that I have a Christmas tree on my chain and Christmas earrings on. No, I have not lost it yet--we were celebrating Christmas in July at the Village yesterday. Some wore their pretty Christmas shirts The little boys were so good and so much fun.

Nancy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GG - hope you had
a wonderful day!!