Friday, August 22, 2008

Erin & Sydney

I have been missing Kansas lately. I miss our friends, our church, and the country life. Sometimes I wonder if people there miss us too...

Yesterday Teri emailed me and told me the sweetest story. When we lived in KS, Erin (Chris & Teri's daughter) and Sydney (one of Dwayne & Rene's daughters) loved Brody. They would run to see him at church and take him off and play with him until it was time to leave. Teri said that the other day Erin asked her if she could print some pictures off of my blog of the boys and our whole family. She said that she wanted 2 sets of the pictures. When Teri asked her why she wanted them Erin told her that she and Sydney wanted to hang them in their lockers! How sweet is that?! Of course it made me cry just reading that...and made me miss those girls even more.

Erin, Brody, & Sydney at our going away party at Sterling Lake Kidist (no clue how to spell it), Erin, Sydney, & Staci
Erin was always ready to play with Brody...even on cold winter nights.
Sydney showing Brody how to use a saw while helping Mike and Dwayne work on her tree house in Colorado.
Thanks Erin & Sydney for loving our little boy so much.
I hope that sometime this next year you'll get to come down for an extended visit!

5 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

I miss the people in Kansas too! You have some very special friends there and I understand why you miss them.

We sure enjoy you all here in Texas, though!

Daddy Steve

Anonymous said...

ahhh!

Amy said...

So sweet. Sounds like KS will be a good place for you and Mike to take vacations.

Teri said...

Plus we need to get the KS-ans down to TX some I'm sure! As Erin's mom, I gotta tell you I love that the only guy she's wanting as "eye candy" (even if she doesn't know what that means!) are 2 and under!

Holli's Kansas Adventures said...

Oh my goodness! How could us silly Kansas folk NOT miss you guys. Don't think for a moment that is the case. Are you ready to move back or is that just a silly way to test us??? :-)