Friday, August 08, 2008

Anniversary Date

Today was so much fun! We started the day with our normal workout routine (Mike at 5:30 with Dad and me at 7:00 after he got home). Then we got a few things done around the house before heading to Daddy Steve & Namaw's house to drop off the boys. Brody was excited to spend the day with them!

Around noon we drove to Dallas for a day together...sans kids!!!! We talked the whole way without any interruptions from the backseat. It was nice. We went to REI (where I got an awesome watch that illuminates hands free with just a flick of your wrist), the Galleria Mall (which is enormous!!!!), dinner at a delicious Mexican restaurant, Babies-R-Us, & Target. We finished off our date with coffee at Starbucks. We sat there drinking coffee and talking for an hour or so. It may not have been the anniversary in the mountains like we wished for...but it didn't matter. All that mattered was that I got to spend the day with the one I love!

When we picked up the boys, Dad showed us part of the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics that he dvr'd. All I can say is WOW! I can't wait to watch the whole thing!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Happy 9th Anniversary! It sounds like y'all had a great day!

Ann Hastings said...

What a wonderful date! I am glad that you two enjoyed each other so much!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you hd such a wonderful day. Just cannot believe that you have been married nine years.

Anonymous said...

We had fun with "the boys"!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some time to yourselves!

Teri said...

Sounds like an awesome date! I have only been to the Galleria mall once and it is huge! Any day that ends with Starbucks has merit!!!