Thursday, August 07, 2008

9 years

Today is our 9th wedding anniversary. It has been an amazing 9 years and I can't wait to see what the next 9 hold in store for us! It's so fun to be married to your best friend.

We're going to go out tomorrow for our anniversary, so today I went to work and Mike took Brody to the Fort Worth Zoo. They had lots of fun. Mike said that Brody was really interested in all the animals this time (rather than the screws on the bridge and construction workers like last time). I'm glad that they got to have a special father-son day!




I got home from work to find that Mike and Brody bought flowers for me. Brody picked out the sunflowers (which will now always remind me of Kansas) and Mike got me roses.


Mike was also preparing a delicious dinner for us! He made pasta with HUGE shrimp and mussels. He also made a salad and some bruschetta. I think we were both surprised when Brody started gobbling down the mussels. He at more than Mike! After dinner we took Brody up to Daddy Steve and Namaw's house to swim. What a fun day!

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

So much fun- I am glad you had a wonderful anniversary and I am sure tomorrow will be fun to celebrate just the two of you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a wonderful anniversay! You received some beautiful flowers!

Steve and Joan said...

I am so proud of the two of you and the family you are building together. I remember when you and Mike were about to get married and how confident I was then and still am now in your ability and desire to build a great marriage. Keep on keeping on! I love you!

Dad