Thursday, November 29, 2007

Specklebelly

Tuesday afternoon I actually laid down on the couch while Brody was taking his afternoon nap. It probably goes without saying that I fell asleep. I was woken up by Mike whispering to me that he was going goose hunting in the field across the street.

After he left, I got up and made dinner. Then I fed Brody. Just as Brody finished eating, Mike walked in the door. He had an expression of pride and enthusiasm on his face. He was also carrying two big, specklebelly geese Brody was not only excited to see "Da-deee"...he was very intrigued by the geese! He was pointing at them as soon as Mike walked in the door. Then as I was taking a picture of Mike and the birds, Brody ran up to them and started hugging one of them!
I think he would've liked to play with the geese...but I don't think they would make a very sanitary toy! He cried when Mike took them back outside.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Those are pretty birds :) Good job, Mike! Brody is so cute hugging them.

Leave It To Davis said...

Did you cook those geese? If so, did Brody know what he was eating? Dave said to tell Mike,"Good shooting! Glad the hunting is good up there........it stinks down here! Been on vacation 1 week and got only 1 coyote and 1 pig." See you at Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mike!! So now the challenge is to use one of your special gourmet techniques to
prepare the geese!

Can't help but wonder what was
going through Brody's curious little mind?

Steve and Joan said...

What a picture of Brody hugging the geese! Nice moment and so glad you were able to share it with us!!!

Mike, you are good!

Steve

Laura said...

I had to lol at Brody hugging the geese!!