Wednesday, November 21, 2007

GG's Visit to KS

This past Saturday Daddy Steve and Namaw brought GG up to Kansas for a visit. This was the first time that she's been up to visit us. We were excited to show her our home and our town. I think she was more excited to see Brody ;) Here's me, Namaw, and GG on the front porch (I was giving GG the grand tour). After touring our house, I gave Daddy Steve & Namaw the 2006 blog book that they had ordered. They all sat down on the couch to look at it. I've just started working on the 2007 blog book (I had to wait on Blurb to fix a glitch) and it's going to be longer than 2006's book!
As soon as Brody woke up from his nap he wanted to go outside. Daddy Steve was excited to take him outside to play.
While the girls were inside making burritos for dinner...the guys were outside enjoying the beautiful sunset. GG even called Sissie and told her how beautiful the sunset was on Saturday night!
We stayed up late on Saturday night watching old Andy Griffith shows and talking. Sunday morning we went to church. Grammy was at church and we invited her to join us for lunch.
We made Suzanne's Tomato Basil Pizza Squares for lunch. It was yummy!!!!
I don't know what Sunday afternoon would be without a football game...so during halftime of the Cowboy game...the boys went outside to play a game of their own. I think it was Daddy Steve and Mike verses Brody and Remington!
I think Daddy Steve and Brody were wrestling in this picture.
Daddy Steve and Namaw were giving Brody a bath and this is what I found when I walked into the bathroom!!!
Namaw and Daddy Steve putting Brody to bed. They really love putting him to bed. Daddy Steve likes to tell him a story as he's falling asleep...just like he used to do for us when we were little!

Monday morning I left Brody at home with Daddy Steve, Namaw, and GG while I went to work. They played with him for awhile after he woke up and then brought him to my office just in time for his morning nap. I convinced them to eat an early lunch and Namaw went to Wendy's and brought back food to the office for us to eat. They left my office around noon. I was sad to see them go...but happy that it's only a month before we'll see each other again! It was so good to have GG come and visit us for the weekend! We don't usually get to spend that much time with her all by ourselves!

6 comments:

suzspeaks said...

What a great visit! I made tomato basil squares last week! They are so yummy! I love the pic of Brody in the bathtub!

Steve and Joan said...

I love coming up to Kansas! It is so much fun getting to be with Staci, Mike, and Brody!!!

Laura said...

What a great visit!!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!

JB

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful time. Your house is so pretty, and to think that you all did most of the perfect work. I enjoyed your fireplace and looking at the panaramic view of a Kansas sunrise. Thanks again for such a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting me to lunch -
it's always good to visit with
your family!!