Monday, November 06, 2006

Sunday Schedules?!?!?

We had a good weekend. Saturday Mike mowed in the morning while Brody and I cleaned house. Then we all went to town. We took Brody to one of the hunting/outdoor stores and looked at all the fun baby camo stuff. Of course we also had to make our stops at Lowes, Wal-Mart, Orschlens, and Tractor Supply. We went to China Star for lunch/dinner and learned how hard it can be to eat out with a baby (very different from eating out with a newborn who sleeps the whole time)! Brody was really fighting sleep. I ended up taking him outside and walking around for 20 minutes! When I came back in one of the waitresses said, "You're back!" lol. He finally fell asleep and we were able to finish our meal. Brody with his stuffed moose from Tyler and Ann.


Both Saturdy and Sunday Brody slept until 6:30 am!!!! We were very excited about this. We tried something new on Sunday that I don't think we'll be trying again soon. I pumped a bottle right before we left for church. So...instead of feeding Brody at 8:30 (like normal) we thought we'd give him a bottle during Sunday school (9:30 am) and then he'd make it thru church without me having to leave to feed him. Well.....he didn't want anything to do with the bottle and was screaming his head off. Mike gave him to me and I took him to the cry room. Of course he didn't want the bottle from me (why would he when he knows the "real thing" is right there?)...but since I pumped before church...I didn't have any of the "real thing" left! lol. After a long time of crying (on his part..lol) I FINALLY got him to take the bottle. By the time he finished it, class was over! LOL! To make it an even bigger mook (for a definition of "mook" check out Megan's blog)...he didn't even make it thru church! Mike had to take him out. Boy are Sundays hard schedulewise! Anyone have them all figured out? Let me know if you have some advice for us!
 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Sundays are really hard for us too! Imagine getting 3 kids into 3 different classes every Sunday - ahhh - anyhow - I always remember my mom telling me that she felt like Satan made a particular effort at our family on Sunday mornings to get us off of what we were trying to focus on. So - I keep that in mind and try to keep my patience and my cool as much as I can!

RaeAnn said...

What's Mike hiding behind his back? Brody will get a Sunday schedule down. It always seemed like Cheyenne got fussy and wanted to eat during church even when it wasn't really time. Now that she has longer between meals she does good. Except now she talks to the other babies and isn't always quiet!

Anonymous said...

We still don't have Sundays figured out. Jackson goes to his Sunday school class and is really good. He sits still and participates. Then, by the time church starts, he has reached his stationary limit, and we have to take him to the nursery. Boone and I just alternate Sundays, so one of us isn't always missing church. I think that church is hard on kids. Even when he gets a little older, Brody still may not make it through the whole service. Only it won't be food he wants, it will be toys and mobility!