Thursday, November 16, 2006

Morning Commute

You may think that I have a boring drive to work since I live in the middle of nowhere. No billboards, no traffic jams, no wrecks....what is there to look at during the 20 mintue morning commute? Just because I drive to work when it's still pitch black outside (4:30 am) doesn't mean there isn't excitement on my way to work! Here's what I saw today:
2 raccoons (1 alive, 1 roadkill)
3 deer
1 coyote
1 cat
1 dog
1 red fox
2 rabbits
4 cars
a field of cows (ok...maybe I could just smell them)
and my favorite...2 shooting stars!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to be VERY alert every second of your drive. I would not recognize a coyote or a red fox if I saw one. I would love to see a shooting star. We are praying that all goes well with Mike and that he will have a speedy and complete recovery. Give Brody a hug and kiss for us and tell him we love him.

Anonymous said...

that sounds wonderful!

I hope you have a good day!

RaeAnn said...

Wow! I am amazed you can remember all that! Glad you didn't hit any of them. I bet the fox was pretty. I love seeing foxes. We don't see them very often.

Shauna said...

Sounds like an exciting drive to me! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Staci,
I have a question for you but I don't want to write it on here. Does Ann have your email address? I can call and ask her for it.

At school they have a lot of kit foxes, they're really little and skinny and they prance. It's cute, but they only come out when it's dark.

Anonymous said...

We saw a red fox on the way home from AWANA last night, they are fun.