Thursday, November 09, 2006

Near Death Experience

GG has told me that every morning when she wakes up she prays for my protection. She knows that I get up early to go to work and she said she prays that God keeps me safe on my commute. He answered her prayers yesterday.

I was driving home from work and was talking to my parents on my cell phone (like I do many days on my way home). The "highway" is a 2 lane road with a speed limit of 60 mph. It's a straight road (like most KS roads) where you can see for miles. I could see a red Chevy S10 pickup with a topper on the back coming towards me in the opposite lane. He swerved over into my lane a little so I was keeping an eye on him. As he got closer I realized that he was still in my lane! This really isn't too unusual on a 2 lane road...but usually people move back into their lane before they get too close to you. I kept waiting for him to move back into his lane. Suddenly he was directly in front of me! I swerved off the road (at 60 mph!) to avoid being hit head on! It was such an instant reaction and when I swerved off I did a MAJOR "no-no"... I swerved right back onto the highway! The shoulders along the highway are gravel/grass/dirt shoulders. The way I swerved off and back on at 60 mph I really should've rolled the car!

All my parents heard was me yell an obscenity (I think I said "Holy Crap!"). Then I was crying as I told them what happened. Dad immediately said a prayer thanking God for protecting me and Brody. I called Mike when I got home to tell him what happened and was still so shaken up that I cried as I told him about it!

Thanks GG for praying for me every day. I don't know God's plan for all the days of my life...but I know that yesterday wasn't the day for me to go Home. I wonder why? I wonder what plans he has in store for me? It's exciting to think about!

4 comments:

RaeAnn said...

How scary. I am glad that God was watching over you and you and Brody didn't get hurt.

Anonymous said...

We are thankful that y'all are alright! That used to happen to Mykeal all the time when 96 was 2 lanes to Wichita. I think one trip, we were talking and he had to swerve 4 times for people passing to close. It is scary how bad people drive here!

I don't know if you read comments to past entries, so I am putting this here. The Sunday nightmare! Adam is 10 months old and we still have trouble! We usually take him into the foyer, we can at least hear church there, as opposed to the nursery, and let him play in the hall while we sit in the chairs and try to listen together. Feeding schedule was always off, which thru it off for the whole day! It does get better when they stop eating so often, then they just can't sit still and quiet that long!

Anonymous said...

That is so scary! I am so thankful that you are ok. What's up with the KS drivers?

Anonymous said...

I too am thankful that you & Brody are ok. That is so scary....

Be careful!

It is neat to think and wonder what is in store fo us! I've been thinkning alot about that lately.