Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hawaiian Falls...Roanoke!!!

Today we went to Cabela's to buy Mike's Father's Day present (shhhhh!  It's a secret!  Well...it was until Mike got home and Barrett told him what it was...but we'll still pretend like it's a secret).  Since we were up north of Ft. Worth, we decided to try out the Roanoake Hawaiian Falls (our pass works at any HF waterpark).  We loved it!  Not only was it way less crowded than the one by us, but the boys love the kids area and Brody loved the fact that there weren't any lines for the big slides!  I took a few pics (from my phone, of course....not taking my nice camera to a waterpark...sorry!!)
 
I was impressed that Brody did the tall yellow and green slides....over and over!  I'm not sure I would've done them at 5 yrs old.  I even closed my eyes while I was doing them at 32 years old!
 
Barrett was more into relaxing than anything else.  He didn't mind chillin' in a chair with his goldfish while Brody rode a big slide.
 
Another fun day with my boys at Hawaiian Falls!  I love summer :)
 

4 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

You are a fun Mom!!! You are also a wonderful daughter!!!

Ann Hastings said...

That looks like so much fun! Thanks for taking pictures while y'all were there!
PS- I probablly wouldn't ride the yellow slide even now :)

Leave It To Davis said...

Maybe the overcast day had something to do with the small crowd....(?) This makes me remember the day I went to Wet 'N Wild with your dad (and you) and he talked me into goin down that taller than any building in Arlington slide....where every other woman was coming back down the stairs as I went up....and I started thinking this wasn't such a good idea....but your dad told me it wasn't bad at all...then as I lay back on the rug, the attendant told me not to grab onto the sides....keep my arms folded across my chest....because if I grabbed the sides, my skin would burn off...then he gave me a shove and I nearly pooed my pants....and when I hit the water, my two piece bathing suit top went up over my head (just about) and my pants went up my bootie....and I was trying not to drown and trying to redress at the same time while trying to swim back up to the top while there were probably 40 guys standing around the pool...and I figured I knew why....I will never listen to your dad again about danger.

Staci said...

Cindy - LOL!!! I did cross my arms so as to hold my bathing suit top in place as I came to the bottom of the slide. I still had a major wedgie....but thankfully there weren't any spectators at the bottom of this slide!! lol