Sunday, June 03, 2012

Don't make the trees grow....and thumb toes

All last week the boys asked us to pray for the garden and trees to grow as we tucked them into bed at night.  Towards the end of the week it rained quite a bit.  I didn't realize it until tonight, but Barrett assumed that the rain was a direct answer to the prayer that he and Brody prayed for the trees to grow. 

One of Barrett's favorite birthday presents is the monster truck that Daddy Steve and Namaw got him.  He has been talking about how he can't wait to take it over to the ramps (the area in the creek that the boys ride their bikes) and drive his truck in the ramps.  So....last night at bedtime Barrett said, "Momma?  Will you PLEASE not pray for the trees to grow?  I really want to drive my truck in the ramps tomorrow!  Don't ask God to make the trees grow!  Please?!?"

He knows that when it rains the creek gets muddy....and I typically tell them not to get muddy.  He was thinking that if we prayed for the trees to grow that God would make it rain again and then he wouldn't get to drive his truck in the ramps.  Melted my heart!

Oh....and I can't forget to write down his other prayer request....he asked us to pray for his "thumb toe".  We said, "Your what?!?"  He said, "You know....my toe that looks like my thumb.  I can even suck it!" as he put his big toe in his mouth to prove his point!  YUCK!  It had us all laughing uncontrollably though :)

3 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

I am laughing SO hard- too cute!

Angela said...

That boy is funny!

Angela said...

That boy is funny!