Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Can you believe these guys are ALL fathers?!?!?  I think Caleb is pretty stoked about it!
Today we celebrated Father's Day at the hospital.  I had Tyler take a picture of me with the mommies.  Don't Audria and Ann look great?!

NICU powers unite!  (Caleb, Tyler, Audria, & Ann)

I was super excited when it was time to go back to the NICU and meet baby Axton!  He is so cute and it was so much fun to sit there and hold him and watch all his different facial expressions.  The boys were disappointed that he didn't get moved back to Caleb & Audria's room while we were there.  I thought Barrett was going to have a melt down.  He kept saying, "I want to go SEE Axton!"  Pictures just weren't doing it for him!  I tried to show him the picture of me holding Axton...but that just made it worse.  I promised him that he'd get to see Axton this week and he finally was able to move on with the day.
 
Tyler showed Axton a picture of Luke while he was visiting the NICU.  I have a feeling this is the first of many pictures of these two together!

I don't even have to tell you how excited Namaw was when it was her turn to visit Axton in the NICU. 
 
It was so neat for us to not only celebrate the amazing father that we all share, but also to celebrate Caleb & Tyler being new daddies!
It comes as no surprise that Brody and Barrett are most thankful for their daddy.  I am so blessed to be married to not only the best husband...but also the best father in the world!  Mike adores our boys and loves spending time with them.  All you have to do is ask Brody about his Daddy and you'll see how highly he thinks of him.  In Brody's eyes, no one is more qualified in ANYTHING in life than Mike is.  The line of questioning usually goes like this:
Me:  "Who's the fastest runner?"
Brody:  "My daddy."
Me:  "Who's the best cook?"
Brody:  "Daddy!"
Me:  "Who's the best sky diver?"
Brody:  "You and Daddy...oh wait....no...just Daddy."
Me:  "Who's the best picture taker?"  (I just knew I'd win this one since I'm always the one with a camera)
Brody:  "My daddy!"
As you can see...Daddy is Brody's hero!  Even Barrett (who's always been a mama's boy) is now turning into a daddy's boy.  If Daddy's outside mowing, cleaning the pool, or playing ball....Barrett wants to be right there beside him.  I'm so thankful that Mike is the type of dad that freely gives of himself and truly wants to spend time just being a family!
So to all the daddies in our family...Happy Father's Day!  But a very special Happy Father's day to the father of my children, Mike!  I love you more than words can say!

3 comments:

Steve said...

I can't believe we had so much fun in a hospital room! Thank you for making this Father's Day so very special. Wow! Two more grandsons!!! How blessed am I!!!

Courtney 'Bellomy' Stone said...

I love Mike's face in the first picture!! He looks like he's saying, "What have I gotten myself into!" :)

Ann Hastings said...

I can't believe all of the men are now father's too- it's so much fun! We had a great time visiting Axton and a wonderful Father's Day!