Tuesday, January 18, 2011

School Art

Most of the papers the boys bring home from school end up in the recycle bin (while they're not looking).  But there are a select few that I fall in love with and I hang on the fridge or put away to look back at years from now.  On Thursday I was emptying Brody's backpack and was about to throw away his "O" page (where he'd written the letter O in various colors of crayon).  I turned it over before I put it in the trash and saw this picture:
He had drawn a picture of our family!  He said that after they finish writing their letter (and after Mrs. Pam checks it and puts a sticker on it), Mrs. Pam lets them turn the page over and draw a picture.  He said that he wanted to draw a picture of our family.  It's the first family portrait he's done...and you better believe it's hanging on the fridge!

The picture below has been hanging on our fridge since the beginning of school LAST year!  His teacher (Mrs. Linda) told me that she was sitting there drawing a picture with him (she drew the tree...not him!) and she said, "Wow!  You're writing some good 'T's'!"  He turned to her and said very matter of factly, "Those aren't "T's"...those are crosses.  Jesus died on the cross for our sins and he loves me!"  Not only am I reminded of my precious son when I see this drawing on our fridge, but I'm also reminded about our precious Savior and His love for me.  Faith through the eyes of a child...humbling and inspiring.
 

6 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Beautiful drawings, beautiful stories....love you all!

Mom said...

Awwwwww

Ann Hastings said...

LOVE the drawings and love the stoires too! :)

Sharon said...

A child will lead - Brody, you inspire me. I love you.

Anna said...

LOVE this!

Jessica said...

I just love these drawings. <3