Thursday, January 13, 2011

Homemade Donuts

I was a little concerned about breakfast this morning.  For some reason the boys have decided they want pop tarts (the kind without the icing) instead of a Daddy Bar (Natures Valley Sweet & Salty bars).  Since I'm not used to the Pop Tart requests...I'm not stocked up on Pop Tarts!  We ran out yesterday and I was a little afraid of their (especially Barrett's) reaction to the news this morning.  So, I made some biscuits and eggs.  Around breakfast time the doorbell rang.  I opened the door to find this on our porch...
I looked up to see Paula (aka Romaine) driving off.  I knew that meant there was something yummy in this box.  I opened it up to find baked white whole wheat powdered donuts. 
Here's proof that everyone (Barrett, Autumn, & Brody) LOVED them!  Of course, can anything taste bac when it's covered in powdered sugar?!?  THANKS PAULA for the special treat!!!

 


 

5 comments:

Anna said...

SOUNDS YUMMY! Might have to try that!

Sharon said...

Oh that sounds soooo good! Wish we had neighbors like that.

Paula said...

You're welcome, Staci. Love seeing that powdered sugar all over their faces. Hard to eat them any other way. I'll publish the recipe this weekend.

Leave It To Davis said...

Home cooked and delived to your door.....wow, what a wonderful way to start a day!

Ann Hastings said...

WOW- that's great :) They look wonderful!