Sunday, January 30, 2011

Birthday Lunch

Today our family gathered at Daddy Steve & Namaw's house to celebrate my birthday!  I know it was last week...but since Daddy Steve & Namaw had pneumonia and the flu last week....we though it'd be smart to wait and celebrate this weekend.  The boys were excited to go over and wait for their uncles and aunts to arrive.  I went ahead with them while Mike went to pick up the food.
Barrett got out one of Daddy Steve's music books and asked him to play the guitar.  Daddy Steve was happy to put on a little concert for his grandson!
 
Mike picked up all the fixings for fajitas from On the Border for lunch.  It was delicious!!!!  I'm glad there's enough for leftovers.  We'll get to enjoy it for a few more days!
After lunch the guys headed outside to go see the vines in the greenbelt behind Daddy Steve & Namaw's house.  Then they played baseball for a while with Brody and all the other neighborhood kids.  Barrett wasn't feeling well and asked to go to sleep during lunch.  He slept until it was time to go home!  Brody, on the other hand, had no intentions of taking a nap.  He stayed at Daddy Steve and Namaw's house and played outside with the neighborhood kids until it was dark outside!  It was a fun day for all of us...but I think it was a truly AWESOME day for Brody!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Glad you had a nice birthday. Barrett looks sooo good. If I remember, you take him to the Dr. Friday for an update on how he is doing. I am anxious to hear. He looks great in all the pictures I have seen. Praying for the results we all want.

Jessica said...

What a nice birthday, Staci! The very perfect days are those where we not only get to enjoy ourselves, but we get to watch our loved ones enjoying themselves as well. :)

Ann Hastings said...

We had so much fun celebrating you! Wish we had gotten some pictures, how did we not do that?!?!?

Leave It To Davis said...

Ann, I can tell you how that happens...you are having TOO good a time! I always bring my camera in my purse over to Grandmommy's on the holidays and how many picture do you think I have taken lately? none....not because I don't want to....but because I never think about it because i am enjoying myself too much. Love you all! So glad Steve and Joan are well! So glad Staci, that you finally posted again!!!! I really miss reading about you everday!

Nancy said...

Glad you had such a wonderful birthday celebration!!!

I think it's sweet the way Barrett
is listening to Daddy Steve - it's
like he doesn't want to miss a note