Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ancient Treasures in Mom's Desk

Caleb & Tyler....we're in trouble!!!!

Mom just found a stack of coupons that we made for her as gifts when we were little kids!  She asked if I was gonna be at work Friday so she could cash in these two coupons that I gave her.... 
 
I'm guessing we were in elementary school when we made these.  Check out the kind of paper that Tyler used (remember the printer paper that you had to tear the edges off after printing?) and... well... his spelling is lacking just a little.  I think he meant to give her a free lawn mowing, free garage cleaning, and free "anything"!  Yikes!  Wonder what she'll cash that in for now that you have more than "money you borrowed from me" to your name!  (Yes...at this age you probably had your name on the chalkboard in my room..."Tyler owes me $5" or something close to that! lol)
 
Caleb is the one who should be the most worried.  He actually wrote "Expires: Never" on his coupons to Mom!!!!  I like how he also wrote "From: Her favorite son, Caleb"...and in cursive!  I'm not sure I'd recognize this was from Caleb unless he'd written his name...I don't recall ever seeing him write in cursive!!

5 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

too funny :)

Paula said...

This is my best laugh today. Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I know Tyler has coupons from Steve and Joan too, maybe we should cash ours in too:)
Ann

Mom said...

Tyler, If you have a "stay up 30 minutes late" coupon left, you will have to get permission from Ann before you use it.

Leave It To Davis said...

I think you all should honor what you promised her....cash em in Joan!