Friday, February 17, 2012

School Art Work

For several months I've had a few things sitting on my desk that the boys brought home from school that made me smile.  Some of them are from last year and some from this year and the other day I finally had time to scan them!  I'm posting them here so that they'll end up in my blog book :)
This REALLY made my day (and will probably be a note I keep in my desk for years to come)!  This is the note that I put in Brody's lunchbox.  When I opened up his lunchbox to clean it out I saw that he wrote a note back to me.  He wrote "I love you to" back to me on his note!  It brought tears to my eyes when I saw it.  So sweet!!!!

At the beginning of the school year Barrett would bring home his letter papers and there were be maybe one small mark from a pencil.  I'm so proud of what he can do now!  I traced every single "s" on this page!

This picture will go in Barrett's baby book....
Barrett was really proud of how well he traced this "R" in a bunch of different colors...

This picture was on the back of one of Barrett's letter pages.  What do you think it looks like?
He said that he was drawing Daddy's office in downtown Fort Worth!  I can see it.  Can't you?  A tall building with lots of windows?!

This picture of Brody's made me smile.  Not because of the amazing artwork....but because of the scene he depicted.  When I asked what this drawing was about he said it was a picture of him and Daddy hugging!  Awwwww!!!
I think Brody's experience is not with drawing people....but with drawing baseball diamonds.  99% of the artwork he brings home has a baseball diamond on either the front or the back of the page.




Just another picture he brought home that made me smile :)

4 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

I could tell it was an office building. Great drawings of the baseball field...and you will cherish these all your life...especially where he said he loved playing in the snow with his family.

Beth said...

Enjoy time spent with your children and treasure the gifts they make for you. Life is very fleeting.

Ann Hastings said...

super cute

Mom said...

The lunch box note was so sweet - made me cry!