Friday, July 08, 2011

Extreme Bathroom Makeover

We knew when we moved into our house that we'd remodel the bathroom at some point.  It didn't offer as much privacy (or storage) as we'd like since it was designed for Jonathan (the prior owner who is confined to a wheel chair).  As much as we liked how big and open it felt, we often commented about how nice it'd be to be able to shut the door while you use the potty.  Yep...not only were there not walls around the potty...there wasn't even a door on the bathroom!  This meant that the days where I woke up early to go to the gym, I had to get dressed in the closet because if I turned the light on in the bathroom it shone directly on Mike's face in bed!  This past weekend (at Barrett's 3rd birthday party) we were finally ready to revel the bathroom to our family (who hadn't been allowed to see the bathroom since we'd started renovating it).  I think they had all been wondering why it took us over 6 months to remodel our bathroom.  After the big reveal...I think they understood.  Mike totally outdid himself with this remodel...and there are times where I want to just sit in our bathroom and relax.  What can I say?  He built a mountain spa in the middle of a Texas suburb!  Here are some collages (remember...click on them to make them full screen) that will give you a glimpse of the remodel and the finished project. Pictures really don't do it justice...so feel free to stop by and see the mountain spa for yourself!







 







 





 

7 comments:

Jessica said...

OH MY! BATHROOM HEAVEN!!! Beautiful job - really beautiful I love every detail! Enjoy - you guys have earned it!

Wendi said...

WOW!! I remember what it looked like before... what a great job! Go relax and take a bubble bath!

Leave It To Davis said...

I am packing my things now as I write this. I will be there in a couple of hours to bathe. Be sure it is not occupied.

Mike, you really outdid yourself on this project!!! Why aren't you a builder, sir? You really are talented!!!

Staci, you better have Mike teach the boys everything he knows so this talent won't end with Mike. You did good picking a husband, for sure!!!

And that moisture barrier paint was a great idea!!!

I love the lights, too!! All of them!!! And the pictures are beautiful!

GG said...

Mike. I have never seen a prettier bathroom. Better Homes and Gardens never have had anything like that one in their magazines.I admired your work on your house in Kansas. You are really have a talent.

Rebecca said...

I love the stone on the walls!

Karen said...

This bathroom is gorgeous!!!!

Mom said...

It was worth waiting for the "big reveal". What a great job!