Friday, May 06, 2011

KS Easter Trip - Saturday

April 23, 2011

As I mentioned before, Grandma K is going to be moving to Topeka to live with her sister, so Nancy and I spent all day today at her house helping her get ready for a moving sale next weekend.  I was amazed at how well the boys did today.  They played together great and did a great job of letting us get the work done that needed to be done.  After the boys had been playing outside for a while Brody came in and said, "Grandma's flowers in the front are soooooo pretty!  You need to take a picture of them!"  He was happy to pose in front of them for me.  Personally I think the boy is much cuter than the flowers ;)
I think one of the things that inspired Brody to keep playing happily (and not complaining) was Grammy's promise to take him to the baseball diamond to play after we finished at Grandma K's house.  We headed to the ball diamond after Barrett's nap.  The wind was really blowing and it was chilly.  Barrett was still in "I just woke up and don't want to talk or even smile" mode...so we just sat on the side and watched Brody and Grammy play.  I think he would've stayed there all night (remember...Brody says his eyes glow in the dark so he can still see to play ball at night)...but the rest of us were getting hungry and headed home to eat.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Brody's eyes are beautiful! Hope all is well with you and your sweet family. Happy Mother's Day!

Leave It To Davis said...

Brody is changing so much. I wouldn't even recognize him if it wasn't for this blog!