Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Kansas Easter Vacation

Ok....I know this was almost a week ago now...but I'm finally getting around to posting about our trip to Kansas.  What can I say?  We've had strep throat at our house....

Thursday, April 21, 2011
I woke up early this morning to finish packing for Kansas.  I was hoping to leave by 9 am...but that was starting to look unlikely as the boys moved my piles around as I tried to pack them.  I finally called Daddy Steve and Namaw and asked if the boys could come over and ride bikes at their house so I could pack more efficiently.  I finally had the car packed, portable DVD player installed (Thanks, Anna, for letting us borrow yours!), kids buckled, and was sitting in the Starbucks drive thru waiting for my venti non-fat with whip caramel macchiato by 10:00 am.  Mike is extremely busy at work this week and isn't able to get away to go with us.  So...it was just me and the boys driving I-35 all day long.

The main reason for our trip to KS is to help Grandma K get her house ready for a living estate sale.  She is getting ready to move in with her sister and wanted to get rid of everything that she doesn't need anymore.  There are several things that she wanted to pass down to Mike and asked that we come get them before her sale.  I was excited to have an excuse to take the boys up to KS for a visit! 

Originally, Nancy was going to have to work on Friday, so I drove to Sterling on Thursday and planned to spend Friday hanging out with Chris, Teri, and their kids.  After the fun that Brody had at their house last Thanksgiving (shooting guns for hours on end), I doubt we'll ever be allowed to go to KS again without stopping at their house for a visit!  It was fun to catch up with Chris & Teri and the boys had so much fun playing with their boys. 

Friday, April 22, 2011
It was misty outside on Friday and the ground was soggy wet, so Barrett hung out inside playing with Lego's.  (Teri let me borrow her 50mm 1.8 lens.  I had fun playing with it!) 

Brody, on the other hand, had no desire to be trapped inside the house!  He convinced Alan and Hans to go outside and play baseball with him.
We also went down to Chris's new shop and rode scooters!  The shop is so huge!  Alan had a skating birthday party last week and they just had all the kids bring their skates to Chris's shop and used it as a skating rink!  Pretty cool!
Then it was back inside for more imaginative play....

for a few minutes at least...then Brody was back outside (this time gun in hand).
Since Nancy ended up getting off work today, the boys and I left Sterling in time to meet her for lunch in Stafford. 

Just so I can get something posted...I'm gonna stop here and hit post.  The boys have NO INTEREST in letting me blog right now! lol

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Looks like fun in KS so far :)

Sharon said...

I was really enjoying the post and suddenly you came to a stop. More later?

Steve and Joan said...

Great photos! I love the depth of field in these!!! Good job Staci!

Dad

Leave It To Davis said...

Love the pictures, too. You need to buy you one just like that! (what kind was it?)