Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sleepyheads!

I remember when the boys were babies.  We wondered if they'd ever learn to sleep past 6:30 in the morning!  On Saturdays we longed for them to give us just a few more minutes of sleep.  We often asked each other, "How old will they be before they learn to sleep in?"  Well....the time has come.  One of the joys of having a flexible work schedule (where I'm with the boys all day and work from Namaw's house or our house) is that I don't have to wake the boys up on non-school days.  I can let them sleep for however long their bodies need the sleep!  I finally went into their rooms this morning around 9:00 to see if they were even stirring.  Nope!  I'm not looking forward to the day when they're both in school and have to get up early every morning. I really enjoy our leisurely mornings...where sleepy boys walk into the living room and crawl up into my lap to cuddle.  Sigh.


2 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

When they are teenagers, they will still be in bed at noon and waddle into the kitchen for a hug while they are still sleepy. Yeah, this time in your lives is really one of the best. Enjoy it and soak up every second you can with them. Those seconds are priceless.

Mom said...

I remember feeling really blessed not to have to wake you kids up early - another reason that I loved summers when you started school!