Friday, October 01, 2010

Willis Gulch

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Julie volunteered to stay at Hind's Feet with the little kids during nap time so that I could go on a hike with Mike, Ben, Brody, & Malachi.  We drove to a place called Willis Gulch and hiked around the river for several hours.  It was here that we captured the most beautiful pictures of our entire trip.  I can't even explain how breathtaking God's creation was at Willis Gulch!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking...



 
The bridge was out so we had to wade across the river.  Can you say brrrrrrrrrr?!?!?  Don't be fooled by Mike and Brody's attire.  It's not a hot summer day here.  It was a beautiful day (I think it was 70 in the sun), but I was in a long sleeve shirt and the river chilled me to the bone!  I think my feet were numb for awhile after crossing.



 
Ben and Malachi climbed down a rock embankment to get closer to the whitewater part of the river.  Malachi was stoked about it!
Brody stayed up on the trail with me and Mike.
Before we crossed back over the river to go home, the little boys started throwing rocks in the river.  It wasn't long before the big boys joined in.  They threw little rocks, threw HUGE rocks, and had stone skipping contests.  I'm not sure what the fascination is about throwing rocks in water.  It must be a guy thing.  I sat there watching them for at least 1/2 hour before they finally decided they were ready to hike again!
After several hours of hiking around Willis Gulch, we decided to head back to Hind's Feet to check on Julie and the little ones and help make dinner.  (Doesn't the Jeep look like it belongs in the mountains?)
 

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Hastings said...

That first picture is amazing, love it- I think it's my fave so far!
The Jeep does look like it belongs in the mountians... but I like it here in Texas better :)

Steve and Joan said...

Willis Gultch is beautiful! Thank you for sharing these!
Daddy Steve

Teri said...

Fantastic!