Saturday, February 13, 2010

Unrealistic Expectations

The other morning when the snow started falling, Brody woke me up by telling me about the snow. The entire day, whenever he told someone about the snow, he told them that it was snowing "just like Christmas". I heard him tell Barrett, "It's snowing outside today like it's Christmas! We probably won't see it snow like this again until next Christmas."

I've tried to explain to my 3-year-old son that a white Christmas in Texas is not something that we see every year. Yes, this year we had a white Christmas...but the white Christmas prior to the white Christmas of 2009 was in 1928! If there's a white Christmas every 80 years or so...I guess there's a chance the boys will have another white Christmas in Texas...but I wouldn't count on it!

Since 49 of the 50 states currently have snow on the ground (according to the news last night...which you'd have to agree is very unusual), maybe we will be blessed with a white Christmas sooner than we think. Oh wait! I forgot about global warming...

1 comment:

Leave It To Davis said...

We have NEVER had a white Christmas.....three years ago, we had a white Easter! Jesse was in Colorado, and it was sunny and warm, and we were at the skating rink for Brady's birthday with snow coming down like a blizzard!