Thursday, September 03, 2009

New Kids on the Block

No, I'm not talking about the boy band...I'm talking about Brody's new friends. Today he politely informed me that I needed to make a sandwich for his friends too (when I was making his lunch). He ran in the other room and came back telling me that they wanted peanut butter and jelly too. I asked who his friends were and he said, "Tony Romo, Daddy, Daddy Steve, and Travis." After they polished off their lunch, Brody gave me a hug and a kiss and said, "Bye. I love you! We have to go practice football now." He went into my room, closed the door, and I could hear him chatting away.

He came out for a drink just as Barrett got out of the highchair (notice I didn't say "after Barrett finished eating"...he's still not wanting to eat much). He said, "We're really thirsty. Can you get us a drink? Tony Romo and the rest of us want Mt. Dew!" I told him "good try". I gave Brody lemonade and he told me the football players were big enough to get their own drinks...and that they were still getting Mt. Dew. Brody asked me to keep Barrett in the kitchen with me because "he's not old enough to play football with us yet." When I asked how old you had to be he responded, "Well, the football players are 10 or 15 years old...so Barrett needs to be that old. I'm the only 3 year old on the team." I finally convinced him that football players like to teach younger kids how to play...so he decided to show Barrett how to throw (don't worry, it's a plush football that they're throwing).

As I was typing this, Brody came out of the bedroom with the laundry basket. He climbed inside and told me he and "the boys" were driving to the game. He said, "You and Barrett meet me there. I'll be wearing #7."


I know everyone is jealous that Tony Romo spent the morning playing football with my son, but I'm sure that Brody would bring him along if you want a play date for your little guys too.

3 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Brody, Coach Phillips is looking for you!

GG said...

If the Cowboys are going to win, Tony Romo will have to spend more time practicing with his team. Maybe Brody could go practice with them.

Tyler and Ann said...

What cool friends! We want to hang out with y'all!