Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Driving to Kansas

We left for Kansas today around noon. The boys and I drove to Mike's office to pick him up and then headed out of town. Brody was VERY excited about the trip. He kept asking if he'd get to see Remington. I think he really misses Remy. I crawled in the back seat for a little while to entertain the boys. It was a TIGHT squeeze between the 2 carseats!



Barrett traveled extremely well! When Brody was this age he would cry anytime he was awake in the car. It made the trips between KS and TX very loooong. I was worried that Barrett would do the same. It was a pleasant surprise when he was a content traveler! I think it helped that he had his brother to keep him company in the back seat. The only time he cried was when he started to get hungry.

We typically head straight up I35 when we go to KS. Since we were going to Plains (western KS) we took a different route. I never knew there were mini mountains in Oklahoma!


We stopped for dinner at a small town in OK. Brody was going stir crazy so we found a park to take our Sonic to. He wasn't ready to get back in the car when it was time to go. It was a pretty cool park!

We arrived in Plains a little after 9:30 pm. It was a long trip (9 1/2 hours!). We look forward to seeing all the family tomorrow and sleeping on a soft bed tonight!

1 comment:

Ann Hastings said...

Wow- what a trip! I am glad Barret was so good, what a blessing! Yeah for SONIC and eating it at the park :)