Friday, March 30, 2007

Gone

Wendy's last day was today. Brody fell asleep in her arms before I had to leave for the Senior Center. She cried as she put him into the carseat for me. Then in broken English she told me that he will always have a special place in her heart. I had a little present for her since it was her last day. Part of the present was a framed picture of Brody. It seems kinda funny to give a framed picture of your child to anyone but family...but she cried when she saw it. She told me she had a special place for it at home.

As much as we're going to miss her...I'm so thankful for the time we had getting to know her. She has been such a blessing in our life. I'm also thankful that she's a sister in Christ and I can rest assured knowing that we'll get to spend eternity together!!!

3 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

What a sad day! I know that you and Brody have been blessed by her. God is so good to give us such precious people in our lives when we need them.

JB

RaeAnn said...

I'm glad she has been a part of the LRC/Iron Works family. We will miss her but I am looking forward to betting to see her in the evenings.

Amy said...

Hopefully you will still be able to meet up with Wendy on occasion!