Monday, June 12, 2006

AT LAST!!!

Taco Bueno is as much a part of my family as breathing! For as long as I can remember, every Sunday evening after church we went to Taco Bueno with the Rhodes family. I remember when we were young we'd play the video games at TB while waiting for our food. They had PacMan and Pong (really high tech!) TB was a cheap meal for a family of 5. The kids were allowed to get 2 party items (now $0.69 each) and then we'd share cinnamon chips for dessert.

I remember going to college at ACU (Taco Bueno was founded in Abilene in 1967) and listening to Kyle Rhodes complain about the fact that there wasn't a TB in Arkansas where he was going to school. I didn't relate to the withdrawals he was having...until we moved to Kansas! The last Taco Bueno was in Denton. Mike and I would always stop there on our way back from Texas. It was sad to know we wouldn't get to eat it again for months!

I'm happy to say that we can now have our Taco Bueno fix every week!!!! Hutchinson's Taco Bueno opened June 5th! Mike and I ate there for dinner on Saturday evening. It was wonderful! The food even tasted the same as the TX TB's! I'm sure the people sitting by the front windows thought I was strange...but I had Mike take my picture in front of our Kansas Taco Bueno :) Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Shauna said...

I LOVE Taco Bueno - how did you ever live without it?!?!? I am so happy that you have one close by now! THat is great. I did not know, however, that the TB in Abilene was the very FIRST one...are you sure about that? That is really cool! I loved that TB...so close to the campus...so perfect! That very well could have been a huge factor in the Freshman 15 though!

suzspeaks said...

That is a cute pic!! I'm glad you have your TB back!!!

Anonymous said...

So it comes highly recommended by you? I was in Hutch last Thursday and saw the high traffic volume in and out of there.I just figured it was something "new". I'll have to give it a go!
Marcia

Anonymous said...

I still suffer tb withdrawls. And while in Cali I had major chick-fil-a, sonic, and Jason's deli withdrawls. I am so happy that your kansas life is now complete!

Anonymous said...

MMMmmm! What I wouldn't do for a beef Muchaco and MexiDips & Chips!

I have a dream that someday all God's children will be able to enjoy a bean burrito from Taco Bueno.

There should be a lot more Texans going to Harding now that they opened a Taco Bueno in Little Rock. (I prefer not to use the acronym "TB" because I don't want anyone to confuse it with tuberculosis, but that’s just me.)

Enjoy it!