Monday, February 06, 2006

Spoils of War

Yesterday morning Mike and I woke up to the cats screaming in the shop right by our bedroom wall. Then we heard a big crash! Mike got up and went out there to make sure one of them wasn't trapped under something. Everything looked normal so we went back to sleep. We got out of bed around 7 am and started making breakfast. We have 1 cat (Biner...short for carabiner) and 2 kittens (Bivy...like Bivysack and Tex...short for Gore Tex, although Mike calls him Tex Mex). They are usually meowing at the garage door for food in the morning. Yesterday only Biner and Bivy were at the garage door. We looked everywhere for Tex. When we let the dogs out into the shop, they were really smelling around like something had been in there. We finally came to the conclusion that the noise we heard in the early morning was something coming into the shop and getting Tex.

I was so sad! I know it's a farm cat...but when you're a city girl, all your animals are like pets. Of course, Tex was my favorite. Mike said I always pick the weakest ones to be my favorite. So I cried for our poor lost kitten and held on to the thinnest string of hope that he'd show back up.

We left for church around 9:20 and he was still no where to be seen. I felt like I lost a little friend :( As we drove back up the drive after church I was hoping to see Tex sitting my the garage door waiting to be let into the shop. No such luck. He wasn't in the shop either. So I went inside and began fixing lunch.

After lunch I looked back out into the shop. To my suprise...there was Tex!!! We ran out to see him and he had the fattest little belly! I guess the fight in the early morning was over something he'd caught. I guess he won and went off to enjoy the spoils of war. See...I don't pick the weakest ones! I pick the smart ones ;)

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I do not like cats and I am highly allergic but that is a really cute kitty!!

Anonymous said...

Horray for Tex!

Anonymous said...

Tex! Yeah! Of course he is still alive!

Anonymous said...

I know what it is like to loose a pet.
I miss Rocky